Below is a growing list of resources, vendors, and nonprofit job postings from our community partners. We hope you find these helpful and welcome your additions.
The following resources have been submitted by participants on our Fundraising Fridays program and are not endorsed officially by The Hive or Leichtag Foundation.
Books, Blogs, and "Non-Profit 101"
- Blue Avocado – online magazine fueled by a monthly newsletter designed to provide practical, tactical tips and tools to nonprofit leaders.
- CalNonprofits – webinar and nonprofit resources.
- Create Possibilities – assistance on board development, strategic planning, fundraising strategy, etc.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Advancement: A Guide to Strengthening Engagement and Fundraising Through Inclusion
- First Things First: A Leadership Guide to Building a Gold Standard Nonprofit
- Fundraising Academy Cause Selling Education – email Pearl Hoeglund at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about the next San Diego cohort.
- Gender Matters: A Guide to Growing Women’s Philanthropy
- Starting a Planned Giving Program from Scratch Webinar PowerPoint
- The Chief Development Officer: Beyond Fundraising; Belief and Confidence: Donors Talk About Successful Philanthropic Partnership; Raising Your Organization’s Largest Gifts: A Principal Gifts Handbook
- The Nonprofit Development Companion: A Workbook for Fundraising Success
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- UC San Diego Extension – fundraising and development courses.
- Alison Beck, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Amanda Lasita, grant writing and development/fundraising, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Angelique Grant, diversity, equity, and inclusion consulting, contact email@example.com or 970-315-2818.
- Brenda Balmer, Nonprofit Prosperity Consulting, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-579-1279.
- Caitlyn Taggart, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Cheri Pierre, nonprofit sustainability, contact firstname.lastname@example.org -760-518-7879.
- Colleen Englebrecht, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Denise Scatena, strategic media outreach specialist, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-218-4889,
- Dana Levin, new annual campaigns and planned giving revenue, contact email@example.com or 858-207-7511.
- Jamie Carillo, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janeal Ford, fundraising consulting and grant services, contact 619-226-9219 or click HERE.
- Lita Levine Kleger, LJL Consulting offering strategic organizational development, advocacy, grant writing, and messaging, contact 703-627-2847.
- Lauren Welch, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Lindsey Oberloi, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lorraine Fisher, freelance grant proposal writing services, contact email@example.com.
- Rick Dahlseid, accounting and human resources, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 858-935-4855.
- Ron Miranda, board leadership and governance training contact email@example.com or 303-601-5464, www.mirendaandaassociates.com.
- Ron Schiller, executive search and leadership consulting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 970-315-2818.
- Trisha Gooch, Goochwords, content editing, contact email@example.com.
- Valerie A. Grant, Grant Development Services, contact Info@grantconsultingservices.com or 760-237-8327,
- Yvonne Spinks-Griffin, assistance in BIPOC spaces, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- DEI organizational work tip, create a “Cultural Competence” team with staff from throughout organization.
- Be more deliberate about reaching out to donors to share similarities with clients.
- Book and other resources
Online Event Production
- Auction & Event Solutions
- Darren Diess, fundraising advisor, contact email@example.com.
- Doing Good Works
- Gravity Productions
- LiveSource, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-336-8380.
- Sara Brown Events, contact email@example.com.
- Staci Tiras Jones, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-508-0708.
- Swaim Strategies, contact 503-449-3391.
- Team Alston Travel (fundraising travel)
- Thomas Marriot (event production)
Photography and Videography
- Aaron Brown, contact Aaron at email@example.com.
- Bob Hoffman Videos (videography)
- Del Rio Studios (photography)
- Mario Morales Productions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-877-3963.
- Never Forgotten Media (veteran-owned)
- Sleeping Alligator Studios (videography)
- SoCal Green Screen (photography)
- Super Fancy Films (veteran-owned)
- Doing Good Works
- Custom Logos (specifically COVID-19 masks), Ryan Kaback at email@example.com.
Website and Logo Design
- Aaryn Ehlers, contact Aaryn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Studio, contact Greg Haines at email@example.com.
- High Clarity, contact Steve Shulman at 858-227-9500 (office) or 858-401-2688 (cell).
- MTC Web, contact Michele Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Odez, contact Olivia Hernandez at 760-845-4820.
- Ty Webb Design
- Wayward Kind, F&L Media, and Arise Design Group – Denise Scatena can make introductions for these email@example.com.
- Tech Soup, equipping changemakers with transformative technology solutions.
Nonprofit Job Openings
- Free Wheelchair Mission is hiring a Foundations and Grants Manager. (posted 11/22/2021)
- Home Start is hiring a Development and Events Manger (posted 11/15/2021)
- Netzel Grigsby Associates is hiring a Communications Associate. (posted 11/19/2021)
- North County Philanthropy Council is hiring a part-time Digital Marketing Coordinator. (posted 10/22/2021)
- Rancho Coastal Humane Society is hiring a Campaign Coordinator. (posted 11/15/2021)
- San Diego Habitat for Humanity is hiring an Annual Fund Specialist. (posted 11/30/2021)
- The San Diego Opera is hiring an Institutional Giving Officer. (posted 10/8/2021)
- Scatena Daniels is hiring a Senior Account Executive. (posted 10/18/2021)
- AFP San Diego Job Board
- CareerHub, where talent meets opportunity in Jewish organizations. A collaboration between JPRO and Leading Edge
- Careers with Moishe House
- Career opportunities at UpStart
- JewishJobs.com, a general listing of jobs across the nonprofit Jewish sector
- North County Philanthropy Council Job Board