Below is a growing list of resources, vendors, and nonprofit job postings from our community partners. We hope you find these helpful and welcome your additions.
The following resources have been submitted by participants on our Fundraising Fridays program and are not endorsed officially by The Hive or Leichtag Foundation.
Books, Blogs, and "Non-Profit 101"
- Blue Avocado – online magazine fueled by a monthly newsletter designed to provide practical, tactical tips and tools to nonprofit leaders.
- CalNonprofits – webinar and nonprofit resources.
- Create Possibilities – assistance on board development, strategic planning, fundraising strategy, etc.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Advancement: A Guide to Strengthening Engagement and Fundraising Through Inclusion
- First Things First: A Leadership Guide to Building a Gold Standard Nonprofit
- Fundraising Academy Cause Selling Education – email Pearl Hoeglund at email@example.com for more information about the next San Diego cohort.
- Gender Matters: A Guide to Growing Women’s Philanthropy
- Starting a Planned Giving Program from Scratch Webinar PowerPoint
- The Chief Development Officer: Beyond Fundraising; Belief and Confidence: Donors Talk About Successful Philanthropic Partnership; Raising Your Organization’s Largest Gifts: A Principal Gifts Handbook
- The Nonprofit Development Companion: A Workbook for Fundraising Success
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- UC San Diego Extension – fundraising and development courses.
- Alison Beck, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Lasita, grant writing and development/fundraising, contact email@example.com.
- Angelique Grant, diversity, equity, and inclusion consulting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-315-2818.
- Brenda Balmer, Nonprofit Prosperity Consulting, grant writing, contact email@example.com or 760-579-1279.
- Caitlyn Taggart, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cheri Pierre, nonprofit sustainability, contact email@example.com -760-518-7879.
- Colleen Englebrecht, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Scatena, strategic media outreach specialist, contact email@example.com or 619-218-4889,
- Dana Levin, new annual campaigns and planned giving revenue, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-207-7511.
- Jamie Carillo, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Janeal Ford, fundraising consulting and grant services, contact 619-226-9219 or click HERE.
- Lita Levine Kleger, LJL Consulting offering strategic organizational development, advocacy, grant writing, and messaging, contact 703-627-2847.
- Lauren Welch, grant writing, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lindsey Oberloi, grant writing, contact email@example.com
- Lorraine Fisher, freelance grant proposal writing services, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marianne Pekala, MP Consulting: Mastering Philanthropy, strategic planning, individual giving and board engagement in philanthropy, contact email@example.com.
- Rick Dahlseid, accounting and human resources, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 858-935-4855.
- Ron Miranda, board leadership and governance training contact email@example.com or 303-601-5464, www.mirendaandaassociates.com.
- Ron Schiller, executive search and leadership consulting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org 970-315-2818.
- Trisha Gooch, Goochwords, content editing, contact email@example.com.
- Valerie A. Grant, Grant Development Services, contact Info@grantconsultingservices.com or 760-237-8327,
- Yvonne Spinks-Griffin, assistance in BIPOC spaces, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI)
- DEI organizational work tip, create a “Cultural Competence” team with staff from throughout organization.
- Be more deliberate about reaching out to donors to share similarities with clients.
- Book and other resources
Online Event Production
- Auction & Event Solutions
- Darren Diess, fundraising advisor, contact email@example.com.
- Doing Good Works
- Gravity Productions
- LiveSource, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 858-336-8380.
- Sara Brown Events, contact email@example.com.
- Staci Tiras Jones, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 619-508-0708.
- Swaim Strategies, contact 503-449-3391.
- Team Alston Travel (fundraising travel)
- Thomas Marriot (event production)
Photography and Videography
- Aaron Brown, contact Aaron at email@example.com.
- Bob Hoffman Videos (videography)
- Del Rio Studios (photography)
- Mario Morales Productions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-877-3963.
- Never Forgotten Media (veteran-owned)
- Sleeping Alligator Studios (videography)
- SoCal Green Screen (photography)
- Super Fancy Films (veteran-owned)
- Doing Good Works
- Custom Logos (specifically COVID-19 masks), Ryan Kaback at email@example.com.
Website and Logo Design
- Aaryn Ehlers, contact Aaryn at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Design Studio, contact Greg Haines at email@example.com.
- High Clarity, contact Steve Shulman at 858-227-9500 (office) or 858-401-2688 (cell).
- MTC Web, contact Michele Talbot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Odez, contact Olivia Hernandez at 760-845-4820.
- Ty Webb Design
- Wayward Kind, F&L Media, and Arise Design Group – Denise Scatena can make introductions for these email@example.com.
- Tech Soup, equipping changemakers with transformative technology solutions.
Nonprofit Job Openings
- ALS Association: Development Manager (posted 5/19/2022)
- ALS Association: Development Director (posted 5/19/2022)
- Alzheimer’s San Diego: Director, Marketing and Communications (posted 5/9/2022)
- Blair Search Partners: Talent Specialist (posted 5/11/2022)
- California State University San Marcos: Senior Prospect Research Analyst (posted 5/9/2022)
- Canine Companions: Development Associate – Grant Writer (posted 4/21/2022)
- Casa Cornelia Law Center: Director of Philanthropy (posted 3/24/2022)
- Escondido Creek Conservancy: Development Director (posted 5/12/2022)
- ElderHelp: Special Projects Manager, Grant Writer, and North County Housing Services Coordinator (posted 4/1/2022)
- Elementary Institute of Science: Executive Director (posted 5/11/2022)
- Feeding San Diego: Assistant Manager, Development Partnerships (posted 4/15/2022)
- inewsource: Director of Philanthropy (posted 3/28/2022)
- Interfaith Community Services: Grant Writer (posted 4/15/2022)
- International Relief Teams: Communications Manager (posted 4/11/2022)
- Jewish Family Service of San Diego: Senior Grant Writer, Prospect Researcher, Post Award Grant Specialist, and Development Assistant, Institutional Giving (posted 3/18/2022)
- MiraCosta College Foundation: Foundation Specialist (posted 5/3/2022)
- North County Lifeline: Program Manager (posted 5/6/2022)
- North County Philanthropy Council: Interim Managing Director (posted 4/1/2022)
- Operation HOPE-North County: Executive Director (post 4/7/2022)
- San Diego Botanic Garden: Events Production & Project Manager (posted 4/1/2022)
- San Diego Natural History Museum: Chief Financial Officer & Chief Operating Officer (posted 5/5/2022)
- Stepping Stone of San Diego: Executive Director (posted 5/3/2022)
- The Salvation Army Kroc Center: Preschool Director and Preschool Teacher (posted 4/28/2022)
- Women in Animation (WIA): Director of Development (posted 5/6/2022)
- Women’s Resource Center: Chief Executive Officer (posted 4/7/2022)
- AFP San Diego Job Board
- CareerHub, where talent meets opportunity in Jewish organizations. A collaboration between JPRO and Leading Edge
- Careers with Moishe House
- Career opportunities at UpStart
- JewishJobs.com, a general listing of jobs across the nonprofit Jewish sector
- North County Philanthropy Council Job Board