We are all—counterintuitively—demonstrating our concern for others by staying apart. Events at Leichtag Commons and most partner organizations have been canceled. We are socially distancing and working remotely.
Yet, we feel equally compelled to find alternative ways to care for each other and the vulnerable. How can we best express our Foundation’s values in these extraordinary times? Learn, adapt, and take action with us.
Updates – Check regularly for our community updates
- Friday, March 27, 11am: “Navigating Uncertainty while Maintaining Community” with Director of Jewish Engagement, Chaya Gilboa will continue with a second session. Click here for more information.
- Thursday, April 2, 11am: “Earth-Based Seder: a Virtual Passover with The Hive” to navigate these challenging times. Click here for more information.
- Thursday, April 2: “Isolation Inspiration: a Virtual Art Show” to answer the question, “What Brings You Joy?” through an online exhibit! Submit your piece here.
- Jewish Funders Network
- Jewish Federation of San Diego County
- Interfaith Community Services Response
- North County (78 Corridor) Resource Page
- United Way of San Diego’s Volunteer Resources Page
- San Diego Hunger Coalition COVID-19 and Hunger Relief
- Coastal Roots Farm Farmstand
- Cox Communications Connect2Compete Program
- Click here to tell us what you would like to see – more virtual gatherings? More volunteer opportunities?
- From Interfaith Community Services: Dedicated volunteers– As a number of volunteers and staff must stay home, the need for flexible volunteers who are in good health (not in high risk categories) is even greater. Volunteers are needed to make and provide sack lunches- the heartier, the better. Lunches can be made at our 550 W. Washington kitchen anytime. If interested in volunteering, please contact Micki Hickox.
- From Jewish Federation of San Diego: Senior Support – The Jewish Federation of San Diego is launching a Senior Support program that allows volunteers and staff to contact seniors during COVID-19 to check-in with them over the next 6-8 weeks to ensure they have their needs met. Fill out their volunteer intake form here.
- San Diego Community Volunteers for Coronavirus Response Public Facebook Group
- Virtual Camp from Camp Mountain Chai and Foundation for Jewish Camp
- PJ Library
- A Teen Support Guide To Navigating Coronavirus
- Supporting Teens During Challenging Times: COVID-19 (for parents and Jewish professionals)
- San Diego County Library
- Smithsonian Institute
- Google Arts & Culture Collection
- The Forward “Daily Distraction: 92nd Street Y Online, free Yoga, Jewish Museum audio tour”
- Mission Driven Finance COVID-19 Resources for Small Business and Nonprofit