Updated July 31, 2020
We are all—counterintuitively—demonstrating our concern for others by staying apart. Events at Leichtag Commons and most partner organizations have been canceled. We are socially distancing and working remotely.
Yet, we feel equally compelled to find alternative ways to care for each other and the vulnerable. How can we best express our Foundation’s values in these extraordinary times? Learn, adapt, and take action with us.
Updates – Check regularly for our community updates
- March 16 Letter to the Community
- March 19 Emergency Fund Announcement
- March 23 Response Update
- March 30 Community Stories and Grantmaking
- April 6 Significance of Each Day + more ideas for giving
- April 19 Resilience, Yom Hashoah observances, and community stories
- May 5 New Event Series: Interviews with Global Experts
- May 19 70 Days in a Pandemic…Hundreds of Lessons
- June 18 Our Commitment to Building an Anti-Racist Community
- Jewish Funders Network
- Jewish Federation of San Diego County
- North County COVID-19 Response Fund
- Interfaith Community Services Response
- North County (78 Corridor) Resource Page
- United Way of San Diego’s Volunteer Resources Page
- San Diego Hunger Coalition COVID-19 and Hunger Relief
- Coastal Roots Farm Farmstand
- Cox Communications Connect2Compete Program
- Click here to tell us what you would like to see – more virtual gatherings? More volunteer opportunities?
- From Interfaith Community Services: Dedicated volunteers– As a number of volunteers and staff must stay home, the need for flexible volunteers who are in good health (not in high risk categories) is even greater. Volunteers are needed to make and provide sack lunches- the heartier, the better. Lunches can be made at our 550 W. Washington kitchen anytime. If interested in volunteering, please contact Micki Hickox.
- From Jewish Federation of San Diego: Senior Support – The Jewish Federation of San Diego is launching a Senior Support program that allows volunteers and staff to contact seniors during COVID-19 to check-in with them over the next 6-8 weeks to ensure they have their needs met. Fill out their volunteer intake form here.
- San Diego Community Volunteers for Coronavirus Response Public Facebook Group
- HandsOn San Diego list of COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities
- Jewish Family Service of San Diego Volunteers Needed
- Eden Village Camp HOME(in)STEAD
- Coastal Roots Farm Camp
- Virtual Camp from Camp Mountain Chai and Foundation for Jewish Camp
- PJ Library
- A Teen Support Guide To Navigating Coronavirus
- Supporting Teens During Challenging Times: COVID-19 (for parents and Jewish professionals)
- San Diego County Library
- Smithsonian Institute
- Boys and Girls Club of San Marcos Club Connect
- Google Arts & Culture Collection
- The Forward “Daily Distraction: 92nd Street Y Online, free Yoga, Jewish Museum audio tour”
- Mission Driven Finance COVID-19 Resources for Small Business and Nonprofit
Submit Ideas for Volunteering or Ways to Support the Vulnerable