A virtual interview series with dynamic, expert leaders from San Diego and around the world who are navigating real-time change amid this global health crisis and economic turmoil. During the interviews, we will learn how the pandemic and its consequences:
- impact the US/Mexico border and migrant workers,
- change the reality of leading a global organization,
- affect life on the ground in Jerusalem and
- can be mitigated by mega-philanthropy.
**New Session Added**
June 9: Experiences from the Frontlines: Impact of North County’s Nonprofits with Greg Anglea, CEO, Interfaith Community Services; Andrea Guerrero, Executive Director, Alliance San Diego; and Jodie Grenier, Executive Director, Foundation for Women Warriors. (Please note this individual session will begin at 11:00 AM)
- Greg Angela, Interfaith Community Services
- Greg is Chief Executive Officer of Interfaith Community Services. He is also a Board Member of the Regional Task Force on the Homeless, Co-Chair of the North County Live Well Leadership Team, and Immediate Past President of the North County Philanthropy Council. Interfaith Community Services has seen a 400% increase in demand for grocery assistance during this crisis, and is providing emergency housing, food, employment, addiction, mental health, and financial relief.
- Andrea Guerrero, Alliance San Diego
- Andrea is the Executive Director of Alliance San Diego. Previously, Ms. Guerrero was the Field & Policy Director of the ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties. Prior to that, she practiced immigration law. Originally from Mexico City, Ms. Guerrero views the world from a binational, bicultural, and bilingual lens. She has dedicated her professional life to protecting civil rights and advancing social justice. Alliance San Diego holds the Immigrant Relief Fund, supporting immigrants who have lost all or part of their wages due to COVID-19.
- Jodie Grenier, Foundation for Women Warriors
- Jodie is Chief Executive Officer of Foundation for Women Warriors. Her military service laid the foundation for her career in Intelligence and National Security. Jodie was a founding member, Director of Development, and Vice President of the Marine Reconnaissance Foundation. Foundation for Women Warriors provides assistance with attaining financial stability, childcare, employment, healthcare, and housing for even more women veterans during the pandemic.
June 24: State of Philanthropy with Felicia Herman, Executive Director, Natan Fund and Barry Finestone, President and CEO, Jim Joseph Foundation.
The Zoom link will be sent in your confirmation email, the link will be the same for all the sessions.