Chanukah brings light, joy, and warmth to our homes and communities as we celebrate with candles, food, family, and friends. Light comes literally, with the lighting of an additional candle each day, and metaphorically by giving back to our community.
There are many ways to help — whether you want to donate items, time, or money. You can make a positive difference in someone’s life during this holiday season and below is a list of meaningful ways to help, provided by our program partners.
Social service agencies can match you with a family in need and suggest gifts they would appreciate- usually basics like clothing, household items, and toys for children.
Food Packaging and Delivery
A great way to give back is by giving your time, providing meals or food to those in need.
Toy and Gift Drives
Purchasing gifts for those in need is simple, inexpensive and helps spark the spirit of giving.
- Armed Services YMCA Camp Pendleton: Be a family’s Secret Santa.
- Hope Through Housing: Host a drive.
- People Assisting the Homeless (PATH): Blanket drive.
- Traveling Stories: Toy drive.
A few more opportunities to share…
- Encinitas4Equality: Support scholarships for post-high school students.