Chanukah brings light, joy, and warmth to our homes and communities as we celebrate with candles, food, family, and friends. Light comes literally, with the lighting of an additional candle each day, and metaphorically by giving back to our community.
There are many ways to help — whether you want to donate items, time, or money. You can make a positive difference in someone’s life during this holiday season and below is a list of meaningful ways to help, provided by our program partners.
Social service agencies can match you with a family in need and suggest gifts they would appreciate- usually basics like clothing, household items, and toys for children.
Toy and Gift Drives
Purchasing gifts for those in need is simple, inexpensive and helps spark the spirit of giving.
- Armed Services YMCA Camp Pendleton: Be a family’s Secret Santa.
- Armed Services YMCA San Diego: Toy drive.
- Community Resource Center: Holiday baskets for families.
- ElderHelp: Gift deliveries.
- Hope Through Housing: Host a drive.
- People Assisting the Homeless (PATH): Blanket drive.
- Support the Enlisted Project: Shop virtually for holiday basics.
- Traveling Stories: Toy drive.
- Women’s Resource Center: Toy and gift giveaway.