At One Safe Place, a team of community partners and volunteers will provide confidential, comprehensive services free of charge to anyone who has experienced domestic violence, family violence, elder abuse, sexual assault, or sex trafficking, regardless of age, gender, income, and immigration status. The Center will be a safe space where individual needs are met, clients feel validated, families are protected, and survivors reclaim their lives. Read more about the Center here.
Clients will be connected to acute crisis-care, advocacy, childcare, counseling, educational and employment opportunities, legal services, and shelter and housing.
Did you know?
- 1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men have been victims of partner violence, which occurs as frequently in same-sex as in heterosexual relationships.
- 1 in 11 female and 1 in 14 male high school students have experienced dating violence.
- 16 years old is San Diego County’s average sex trafficking coercion age, with 8,000+ victims every year. At $800 million, the illicit sex economy is our second largest underground economy.
- 35% of women killed by men are killed by intimate partners with guns.
- 60% of mass shootings 2014-2019 were linked to domestic violence.
San Diego County District Attorney Summer Stephan has devoted her life to protecting children and families, providing justice to the most vulnerable, and is a national leader in the fight against human trafficking and sexual exploitation. Summer is focused on advancing public safety through fair and equal justice, bringing solutions to complex issues with a unique data-driven, commonsense approach that works to address the root causes of certain crimes driven by mental illness and addiction. As District Attorney, she leads the second-largest DA’s Office in California, managing a professional staff of 1,000 employees, serving as the People’s Prosecutor for San Diego County and its more than three million residents.
Chief Deputy District Attorney Tracy Prior has been a prosecutor for 25 years where she has tried over 75 cases to verdict including rape, child physical abuse, several multiple-victim child molestation, vehicular manslaughter, arson, and several murder cases including one Domestic Violence capital case. After specializing in Domestic Violence and Child Abuse misdemeanor cases at the San Diego City Attorney’s Office Tracy joined the San Diego District Attorney’s Office where she prosecuted general crimes in North County and then joined the Family Protection Division, specializing in Domestic Violence, Child Abuse and Elder Abuse cases.